|Mr Adedapo Lam-Adesina, Ex-Commissioner||For Sports, Oyo State|
The Communique reads as follows:
COMMUNIQUE OF MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION WHICH HELD AT THE NFF SECRETARIAT, ABUJA ON TUESDAY, 19TH AUGUST, 2014
*** The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation held a meeting at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja on Tuesday, 19th August, 2014 to discuss important issues around Nigeria football and resolved as follows:
1) In view of the prevailing circumstances in Nigeria football, there is the absolute need to present a new roadmap leading to elections into the NFF Executive Committee, for consideration and approval by the General Assembly, being the supreme body of Nigeria football, at the Congress slated for Tuesday, 26th August, 2014 in Warri, Delta State.
2) The Executive Committee reiterated that the General Assembly of 26th August, 2014 will be composed of the delegates to the 2013 General Assembly in Warri, including those from Plateau and Yobe State Football Associations.
3) In the spirit of fair-play, leading to the elections, all persons banned for various length of time, are hereby un-banned, these persons are: Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi Mr. Adedapo Lam-Adesina Mr. Chikelue Iloanusi Mr. Harrison Jalla. Committee noted that the ban on Mr. Ahmed Shuaib Gara-Gombe had long been lifted.
4) The Executive Committee advised all football stakeholders in the country to refrain from actions capable of causing divisions, rancour and acrimony in Nigeria football.
5) In line with the letter from world football governing body, FIFA, of Thursday, 14th August, 2014, Members of both the Electoral Committee and Electoral Appeals Committee earlier removed will be re-admitted at the Tuesday, 26th August, 2014 Congress to continue with their electoral duties.
6) Executive Committee agreed that having only come into office in January 2012, the Boards of the Nigeria National League, Nigeria Women’s League and the Nigeria Nationwide League have two more years to go before their elections, and this will be presented to the Congress of 26th August, 2014 for approval.
7) The Executive Committee congratulated the U-20 Women National Team, Falconets for their qualification for the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup semi finals and the U-20 boys, Flying Eagles, for reaching the 2015 African Youth Championship finals. Efforts are being made to ensure the Falconets are well motivated to lift the trophy and that the Flying Eagles are well prepared to win the African title in Senegal early next year.
8) Committee mandated the Secretariat to ensure adequate arrangements are made for the Super Eagles to fly high in their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches at home to Congo Brazzaville and away to South Africa in September 2014.
Alh. Aminu Maigari (President)
High Chief Emeka Inyama (Member)
Mrs Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member)
Alh. Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Member)
Barr. Olaleye Adepoju (Member)
Barr. Chris Green (Member)
Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member)
Alh. Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member)
Barr. Musa Amadu (Secretary)
HIGH CHIEF EMEKA INYAMA
CHAIRMAN, COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE